Friday, November 20, 2009

Been A Long Time (waiting on posts)


Greetings All,
I realize you've been pining away looking for updates from the studio. And for my lack of posts, I am truly sorry. We have taken a few months to finish writing the remainder of the record and will return to The Whale in January to finish tracking.

In other news, I've updated my pedalboard with a couple new pieces. First, a BYOC Tri-boost. I built the Tri-boost from a kit from the fine people at "Build Your Own Clone". It's three classic boosts in one pedal: A Germanium Treble-Boost in the Beano-Boost direction, a Linear Boost ala an Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 and a Clean Boost in the vane of a Zvex SHO. Second, a rather standard Line 6 DL-4 which is handling all my time-based effecting. And lastly, a new Catalinbread D.L.S.. This pedal is freakin' awesome, and will service all my gain-stage needs when using any other amp than my Budda, and will serve as a mid-gain tone between the clean and drive channels.

I had a bunch of people on The Gear Page asking for some clips of the DLS and the Budda so, I took a stab at making a youtube video. Keep in mind, I was half asleep so my playing is, well, just that. Here ya go:



No comments:

Post a Comment